Getting started with oil heat in your new home
First, congratulations on your new home! Whether this is your first house or you’re a seasoned homeowner, this is an exciting time for you. If your new house has an oil furnace or a boiler, here are some important things to know:
- Heating oil is one of the most cost-effective, efficient ways to heat your home.
- Oil heat systems are safe and non-explosive.
- The best way to keep your heating system running at peak efficiency is to have it cleaned and serviced annually. When you become a Kaufman Fuel customer, you can sign up for a service contract that will cover this important yearly appointment.
- It’s easy to make sure that you don’t run out of oil when you sign up for worry-free Automatic Delivery with Kaufman Fuel. We use computer software to monitor your heating oil usage along with the weather to determine when your next delivery should be scheduled.
An important heating checklist for new homeowners:
- Determine if you have a furnace or a boiler. (A furnace heats air, then circulates the air through ducts or vents to warm the home. A boiler heats water, then circulates water or steam through pipes in a radiator or baseboard to warm the home.)
- Determine if you use oil for both heat and hot water. If your tank has a fuel gauge, check it to see how much oil you have. If you have less than a quarter of a tank, you should call for an oil delivery.
- Find the emergency switch, which will have a red faceplate. The switch is usually at the top of the cellar stairway. Make sure it is turned on.
- We can do all of the above for you. We’ll also explain the benefits of automatic delivery and outline our pricing plans.
- Remember that if you smell anything funny or see drips on the floor, give us a call and we’ll schedule a service visit.
For more information about heating oil and the services we provide, or to become a customer, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-951-2941.
Become A Customer