No Heat Checklist
No Heat? You can start by checking the following:
- Check your thermostat to make sure it’s set high enough to call for heat.
- Make sure you have oil in your tank.
- Locate the emergency shutoff switch, usually located near the basement steps or next to your heating system. Make sure the switch is in the "ON" position.
- Sometimes a simple system reset is all that’s needed. Locate your heating system’s burner and press the red reset button ONCE (and only ONCE) and listen for the system to start up.
- Check for any blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers in your electrical supply panel. A breaker switch is tripped if it is moved slightly from the ON position.
Remember, you can call us anytime day or night if you have an emergency at 203-368-4273. We’re happy to troubleshoot the problem for you and get your system back up and running.